Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab, Verbs + Adjectives, Outsiders, Library, Husker Du.
Please Note: Depending on how far we get in The Outsiders today, a couple of questions may be added or changed after the preview copy is uploaded.
REMINDERS: KBARR Response (3/4 page) is due tomorrow. “Messy Room” is due tomorrow!
Checking AV SMYKs.
“Warm Up, 9/5.” (NOT COLLABORATIVE!)
- Name one book you “tasted” yesterday. Bonus of up to +4 for author and/or more titles. Titles of books get underlined!
“Verbs, 9/5.” (10) Write the words that are used as verbs in each sentence. There are 10 in all.
- “I am wet!” she cried, with a frown on her face.
- Millie felt scared as she peeked around the corner.
- I climbed Mt. Cheese only to find that the view was disappointing.
- Mr. Morton is the subject of the sentence, and what the predicate says he does.
“Vocab, 9/5.” (10) One word gets used twice. #6 and #7 are one sentence. #8-#10 are reruns of previous vocab words.
ambiguous, potential, mature, impact, guideline, status
- Since we were separated and without cell phone coverage, we didn’t know the ____ of the other group.
- The question was so _____, it was hard to choose the right answer.
- Doctors are worried about the new drug’s _____ side effects.
- You can always check the ____ of your grade on PowerCheese.
- Their bodies were ____, but they still behaved like children.
- KBARR has a large ____ on your grade…
- …so you should make sure you follow the ____ and do it correctly.
- Pony can’t understand why the Socs are so ______ of the greasers. “Why do they hate us so much?”
- Some people called him weird, but he preferred to be called a (non-)______(ist).
- For Pony, the ____ of the word drop-out was someone like Dally, not someone like Soda.