“Sentence Scramble, 10/11.” Unscramble into a smooth sentence. You must use all the pieces intact, but there is more than one way to arrange them. Write the completed and punctuated sentence in your notebook. (+1 each for extras.)
- her creamed corn
- at the baby sitter
- onto the floor
- Jennifer flipped
“Apostrophes, 10/11.” Pluralize and/or possessify.
- She’s sure ____ going to be all right. (it)
- My friend _____ goal is to become an astronaut. (Maria)
- _____ bright idea was this? (who)
- It was every single _____ nightmare. (student)
- The llama wagged ____ tail. (it)
- All the ____ clothing is on the second floor. (more than one man)
- All the _____ uniforms were new. (player)
- The best era for music was the ____. (70)
- What a(n) ______(ing) smile!
- “I’m not paranoid! I’m _____ about being apprehended!”
- While Mr. Buffy was in training, he took several different vitamin ______(s). (You’ll have to change the form of the word.)
- The principal had to ____ through all the conflicting stories to get at the truth.
- The fan ____(ed) her way into the sold-out concert by flirting with the security guard.
- I was ____ when I saw the 5/10 rating from the guest teacher! (Not apprehensive.)
- People get cosmetic surgery because they think it will _____ their appearance.
- Cigarette smoking has ___(ed) since 1967 to its lowest rate ever.
- As a rule, grandparents respond to _____(ing) more than parents do.
- *It is supposed to be a _____(ic) moment when we recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
Outsiders, 9-10. Place the events below on Plot Mountain. More than one event can be in the same place.
exposition, inciting incident, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution
- the fire in the church ______
- the greasers win the rumble ______
- Pony wakes up with a concussion ______
- Johnny and Dally die ______
- Johnny kills Bob ______
- the boys hide out in the church ______
- Dally, Johnny, and Pony go to the movies ______
Big Questions so far:
Did Dally die gallant? What makes you think so/not? Why was his death sadder than Johnny’s?
Outsiders, chapter 11.
How long has passed up to now since the beginning of the book?