“Sentence Practice, 10/8.” You don’t even need a comma if you do it correctly!
- that the doctor
- if we didn’t
- we stayed with you
- told us
- in the hospital ourselves
- we were going to
- get some sleep
- end up
- so much
“Apostophes and Plurals, 10/8.”
- Spend as long washing ____ hands… (you)
- …as it takes to say the _____. (ABC)
- We had four ______ in class. (Jake)
- The____ clothes are on the second floor (more than 1 child)
- Five ____ parents will be guests of honor. (student)
- ______ hair is pretty cool. (Elvis)
- I think that llama is _____. (they)
- The ______ live down the street from us. (Jones)
- I think ____ OK. (they)
- Is the title spelled correctly?
“Vocab, 10/8.” * = AW. (13)
- boring : compelling :: aloof : ____
- The “consequences” for misbehavior in schools in the old days were sometimes pretty ______. I remember getting hit by a ruler more than once.
- His brother’s sudden disappearance caused great ____ in the family.
- Even though there is actually a(n) _____(ce) of food being grown in the world, most of it doesn’t get to the people who need it.
- (3) Choose the vocab adjective that describes each character.
– Johnny is _____.
– According to Cherry, Dally is _____.
– According to Darry, Pony is _____.
- * _____
The Outsiders. Let’s finish it off.
After: Reread the middle paragraph on p179/p155. It’s the one that begins, “Tell Dally.” What is Pony’s purpose in writing this all down? Respond in your notebook. Do not quote; explain! Make sure your answer has at least one of the following words in it: because, although, since, even though.