Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab, FROs, Outsiders, Sentence Scramble (or Combining).
1.”Don’t blame me! I don’t make the laws, I just _____them!”
2. “What’s a _____, Joey?” “I knew you were going to say that!”
3. It was Ug’s discovery, but it would be____(ed) by others.
4. “Finding work may not make you happy, but it would make me _____(ly) happy.”
5. I was _____ and bored when Mom made me go to my sister’s ballet recital.
6. Dally’s [_____] ______(s) have landed him in jail more than once. [ ] = one of last week’s vocab words = extra credit.
7. The school newspaper has been __ for a long while, but they hope to revive it next year.
8. Grandpa Simpson likes to ____ about his days as a young man when things were “better.”
9. The greasers and the Socs have agreed to a sort of _____-fire before the rumble. They have agreed not to fight until the big one.
10. The large farm owners are often accused of ____(ing) the workers who pick the crops.
“FROs, 9/26.” Can you prove you deserve to be exempt? You must fly SOLO on this one
a) Fragment b) Run On c) Correct Sentence
- While my llama gently weeps.
- Up one side and down the other went the llama.
- While the llama is a quadruped, he also has fins for swimming.
- In the beginning, there was nothing but llamas.
- That time the llama trained to be a ninja.
- You can beat the llama’s score you will be part of the elite llama squad.
- The llama won the race although he had a broken leg.
- The llama couldn’t call his agent his cell phone was dead.
- Across the frozen wasteland, chasing the wild llama.
- Up, up, and away flew my beautiful llama balloon.
“Sentence SCRAMBLE, 9/26.” Use every word. Do not break up the pieces any more. Rearrange the chunks until you get the right-sounding sentence. Write it down.