“Vocab, 9/27.” You will use words more than once.
1. ____ 2. ____ 3._____ 4.____
5. flashback : reveals :: ____ : foreshadows
6. He was a bit ____ after he got hit in the head during the rumble.
7. Two-Bit told Pony about one of his ____(s) while Pony did the dishes.
8. The company that made that toy is now ______, so you can’t buy it any more.
9. mature : juvenile :: clear-headed : _______
10. The thief ____(ed) the alarm system, and was able to steal the jewels.
11. It is sometimes fun to ___ a little brother or sister’s lack of savvy.
12. * Draw a picture that represents one of the SAWs for this week. No WORDS!!! Each person in the group has to pick a different word to draw. You may suggest pictures for each other to draw. I will choose notebook to display to see if we can ID your pic.
“Sentence Combining, 9/27.”
1a. The teacher said something. 1b. She said to get in our seats. 1c. One student did something else. 1d. That student ran around the room. 1e. The running was delirious.
Hint: comma + but. Also: -ly
2a. Cell phones are banned. 2b. They are banned in most schools. 2c. Cell phones cause distractions. 2d. The distractions are to learning. 2e. Cell phones are sometimes used for cheating.
Hint: because. Also: comma + and.
“FROs, 9/27.” CS, F, RO?
- Five times in a row the boys rode the roller coaster.
- The curtain opened the show began.
- For example, the introduction of llamas into the classroom.
- May groan, spit, or kick.
- A young llama, while a bit awkward, is still a scary opponent.
- What a fragment is.
- Up one side and down the other went the llama.
- This restaurant discriminates against llamas let’s boycott it!
- Joey and the llama went hiking and fishing in the country.
Questions for the Homie Groups:
What was the inciting incident of the Pony vs Darry conflict? What was the climax?