Tomorrow’s Test: Transitions, Vocab/AW’s, Husker Du FROs (sigh), TMA.
“Transitions, 10/17.” in fact, consequently, because, furthermore, instead, for example, nevertheless
A vegan can be defined as someone who does not eat meat, fish, or other animal products, such as eggs or cheese; 1) _____, he or she eats vegetables, fruits, grains, and seeds. 2) _____ this diet consists of non-meat food sources, a vegetarian typically consumes less fat and cholesterol than an individual who consumes meat. 3) _____, raising animals for food uses valuable land, water, and energy. This is one of the reasons many people become vegans. 4) _____, adopting a vegan diet helps conserve the valuable resources that our future depends on.
“Husker Du, 10/17.” Write the ANSWER.
- We have three ______ in our class. (Morris)
- The upstairs library is a great place to quietly study. Adjectives?
- us: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- That moment when you realize that your llama just wrote a run on sentence is embarrassing. a) Fragment b) Run On c) Correct Sentence
- Up, up, and away went my beautiful llama balloon. a) Fragment b) Run On c) Correct Sentence
- (roguish pirate pic)_____
- (two side of a bridge under construction that don’t line up)_____ (not sham)
- (a woman hungrily eyeing a jar of cookies)_____
- (a guy striking a huge gong) ____
- (2) Job Applicants’ Coach: “Always remember that the most ____ person is the person who can hide his ____(ce) best.”
- Everyone promised to ____ by Judge Judy’s decision.
- The large donation was quite a(n) _____ for the poor little non-profit organization.
- Investors lost millions on the ______ investment scheme. (not incompetent)
- The cat liked to “bite at the ____(ingly) moving pen.”
- (2) Is high-technology a _____ for mankind, or is it a _____ and just another way for companies to sell more stuff?
- * Make sure that ladder is _____ before you climb it.
- At the end of Chapter 6, do a group 1-1-1-1: Each person does 1 on his/her own, and then you all share with each other and write them all down. Sorry about groups of three; some will have to do two (for extra credit).
- The questions below will be on tomorrow’s test. You and your homies figure them out today, so you can study tonight.
- On p26, what does the word “laden” mean? (middle paragraph)
- Why does the merchant give Beetle the comb? What is it he likes about her? (p29)
- What is the “heat and light within” Beetle on p32 referring to?
- Read the paragraph on p33 that begins, “‘ Alyce!’ The midwife snorted…” What does it mean when she says “punctuated each name with a pot thrown in the girl’s direction…”?
- Why does Alyce save Will?
- What does “pluck” mean? (p39)
- What do you think “pretended they hadn’t” means? (p39)