Second Quarter Begins.
“Warm Up, 10/24.” SAWs for the week:
adjustment, exposure, modify, monitor, transition
- Many people think that ______ to violence in games and movies can lead to real violence.
- (2) To make a(n) ________ is to _______ something.
- This week we will be working on ______ words and phrases such as “for example,” “secondly,” and “furthermore.”
- Parents should ______ what their kids are watching and what games they are playing.
- Stranded in the snowy mountains without a jacket, he almost died of _______.
- The US prides itself on a peaceful _______ from one president to the next.
- An adjective ____(s) a noun.
- Notebook audit on Friday.
- Extra Credit Opportunity: Go here and join in the conversation. Comment thoughtfully on all four questions. Copy/paste your comments into a Google Doc or similar and submit them with your Outsiders project. You will receive bonus credit on your project.
- Outsiders Project due
Friday. MONDAY, 10/31. UPDATE: The “Letter from Pony” Option has been eliminated and replaced by:
Add another Chapter!
- Use Ms. Hinton’s style / Ponyboy as a first-person narrator.
- Dialogue modeled on the real thing.
- Could take place at (almost) any point in the story.
- 800+ words.
Copy homework into planner.
Debrief Test #9.