Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab + SAWs only!
- Even after he was caught, the criminal was (un)_____. He didn’t think he had done anything wrong.
- Most adults think most teenagers are somewhat ______ and resentful.
- Alfred knew Becky had used him to be ______ toward Tom.
- The students’ essays complained of them being _____(ed) by too much homework.
- Please stop picking your nose; it’s very (un) _____.
- The Elders watched the children for various _____(s) that would make them suitable for certain jobs.
“Tom Sawyer, 18.” (9p) Write the letter AND the first 4-5 words of the answer.
- How did the boys get back from the island? a) a raft. b) swam. c) a stolen rowboat d) a log. e) all of the above.
- “It ain’t much — a cat does that much.” Does what? a) care. b) eat. c) dream. d) play. e) all of the above.
- “There must ‘a’ been an angel there.” a) Aunt Polly, about Tom’s dream. b) Aunt Polly, about how an angel must have kept Tom safe. c) Sid, about Tom’s dream. d) The minister, about the boys’ adventure. e) NOTA.
- What makes Tom feel like the “guiltiest of villains”? a) Fooling the whole town. b) Getting hugged by Aunt Polly. c) When Sid doesn’t believe him. d) Stealing all the stuff they took to the island. e) NOTA.
- “Shut up, Sid.” Who’s talking? a) Tom. b) Aunt Polly. c) Mary. d) Joe Harper. e) NOTA.
- Why does Tom think he can do without Becky now? a) He likes Amy Lawrence better anyway. b) He was so popular now after his return. c) He’s tired of her being so fickle. d) He’s found someone new. e) NOTA.
- Which one of these is NOT Alfred Temple? a) The boy Becky tries to make Tom jealous with. b) The kid Tom beat up in Chapter 1. c) Becky’s previous boyfriend. d) The boy Becky says this to: “Go away and leave me alone, can’t you? I hate you!” e) He is all of these.
- Why does Becky dump Alfred? a) Because he’s boring. b) Because he’s mean. c) Because he’s too nice. d) Because Tom hates him. e) NOTA.
- Becky gets back at Tom by pouring ink on his spelling book. a) True b) False
Tom takes Becky’s Pun!