“Vocabulary, 8/21/18.” All answers will be vocabulary words. Use your pink sheet and your group homies to help you. For #1-4, choose which word best fits the picture, and be prepared to explain why you think so. If you can justify more than one word for a picture, you might receive bonus credit.
- pain : pleasure :: confusion : ______
- rules : requirements :: happiness : ____
- For Esteban, the word dropout had the ____ of a gang member with a can a spray paint.
- I was able to _____ the meaning of the word from the way it was used.
- Nobody could _____ why he liked school so much even though he got all F’s.
- Even though I was nervous, I tried to act cool and ______.
by Langston Hughes
I play it cool
and dig all jive.
That’s the reason
I stay alive.
As I live and learn
Dig and Be Dug
|“Motto, 8/21.” (in your notebook)
1) What is a motto?
Audio Feature: The concept of “digging.”
Short Explanation Paper Assignment. Due Friday.