“Grammar, 5/8.” Copy and label. (9)
noun, pronoun, verb, adjective, adverb, interjection, conjunction
Beetle bravely endured their anger and cruel taunts
- When he thought Becky was sick, Tom was so depressed he was ___ to all of Aunt Polly’s treatments.
- He was very cocky, and walked with a _____ that showed it.
- When you meditate, you supposedly become more ___ and relaxed.
- It is part of a cheerleader’s job to be enthusiastic and _____.
- She had her hair cut in a _______ new style that everyone liked.
- “Every pore inside the boys cheeks became a spouting fountain; they could scarcely bail out the cellars under their tongues fast enough to prevent a(n) _____(ion).”
- In a tv interview, the billionaire _____(ed) his success to what he learned from his sevnth grade English teacher.
- Her rise to power was _____(ed) by her rich and influential friends.
“Tom Sawyer, ch. 16.” (6)
- How did Tom keep the the boys from leaving the island when they got homesick?
- (2) The boys had two reasons to be thankful after the big storm. What were they?
- What made it an “extremely satisfactory day” playing Indians?
- (2) “Two of the savages almost wished they had remained pirates.”