“Husker Du, 3/1.” First Period. Test 18.
- Jack was much quicker than the llama was. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Joe ate the hot dog even though the llama told him not to. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- We learn words best in context with other words rather than in _____. a) solitary b) system c) isolation d) confinement e) mental
- The morphic part of anthropomorphic means… a) changed b) shaped c) animal-like d) human-like e) NOTA
- How does Vladek avoid a beating by the German soldier after he was captured as a POW? a) Vladek speaks English to him. b) Vladek bribes him. c) Vladek begs him. d) Vladek speaks German to him. e) NOTA
“Husker Du, 3/1.” Second Period. Test 6.
- Why would Johnny be “having the time of his life” in the church? a) He wants to pay back for what he did to Bob. b) He feels needed for the first time. c) He likes little kids. d) He thinks the cops will go easy on him. e) He secretly wants to die.
- Johnny’s behavior (not scared, having fun, very decisive) inside the burning church is both ironic and not ironic. a) True b) False
- Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- The large farm owners are often accused of ____(ing) the workers who pick the crops. a) siege b) circumvent c) sullen d) reminisce e) exploit
“Husker Du, 3/1.” Third Period. Test 5.
- I was _____ to tell the teacher about the cheating I saw, because the person was my friend. a) reluctant b) elicit c) hysterical d) dumbfounded e) illicit
- A spy must use ____(ion) and not go blabbing secrets around. a) patronize b) elicit c) hysterical d) stamina e) discreet
- who is : ___ :: who owns : ___ a) whose/who’s b) who’s/whose c) who’se/who’s d) who’s/whos’
- Over the hills and through the woods, to Grandmother’s house we go. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- Johnny stabbing Bob would be the ____ of the story. a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e) NOTA
“Husker Du, 3/1.” Sixth Period. Test 19.
- Which quote explains why Vladek volunteered for the work camp when he was a POW early in the war? a) “I’ll be clean, and I’ll feel warm by comparison.” b) “I want to be treated like a human being.” c) “My commander made me…” d) “If we have to die here, let’s die here.” e) NOTA
- How does Vladek’s father-in-law help him after his first close call on the street during a round up? a) He hides him. b) He gets him a fake job and a work card. c) He gets the proper travel papers for him. d) He doesn’t. e) NOTA
- Jill drove the car out to the llama’s house in the country. a) simple sentence b) fragment c) complex sentence
- Joe ate the hot dog even though the llama told him not to. a) simple sentence b) fragment c) complex sentence
- The way Vladek makes decisions is very ______ rather than emotional. a) pragmatic b) daunting c) iconic d) aspiring e) NOTA
- He soon found that studying for the test would have a _____ (positive) impact on his grade! OMG!
- Some thought that the new law would _____ upon their right to protest, and they protested that.
- The root of this word means to leave.
- I tried to be as ____ as possible as I passed the note in class, but Mr. Coward still caught me.
- Solar power is more ______ to the environment than coal or oil.
- It had been raining so much that we ____(ly) planned the picnic for Saturday, but we also made other plans just in case.
- The _____ lawyer took advantage of the old man.
- “Wealth is ______, but poverty hides.”
- After he lost the battle, the king had to ____ the throne to the winner.
Let the Wheel decide who starts the discussion by reading their KBARR!
Where and when are we? Why are we (like this)? How did we get this way?
“Dah Givah, 3 – 4″ Write the ANSWER. (7p)
- Why was Jonas chastised by the Speaker?
- Asher also noticed something had changed about the apple they were tossing. a) True b) False
- Nobody ages past 12 in this community. a) True b) False
- Why does Jonas have no idea what his assignment might be?
- Roberto’s release was a sad occasion for all at the House of the Old because he was so well-loved. a) True b) False
- All of these were a part of Roberto’s release ceremony except…a) a review of his life and accomplishments. b) chanting the patriotic anthem. c) speeches from friends and admirers. d) a period of mourning. e) These were all a part of the ceremony.
- (Quote.) Where does Larissa say the Old go when they are released?
Players’ Choice: Giver or Interview work?