“Semester Review I. 1/23.” Write the answer not the letter.
- His doctor recommended buying a goat and going water-skiing. a) Simple b) Compound c) Complex
- Though he knew it was a mistake, he ate the doughnut anyway. a) Simple b) Compound c) Complex
- In The Outsiders, when we referred to a facade, we would be saying that the person was ______ about their true feelings.
a) ambivalent b) futile c) ambiguous d) dissembling e) presumptuous f) cathartic g) NOTA
- Artie very often shows Vladek telling his story as he pedals his exercise bike. What does this probably symbolize? a) How important exercise is to Vladek. b) Vladek always running from the Nazis, but never escaping. c) How he is running from Mala. d) How much he misses Anja. e) How he has too much energy. f) NOTA
- From The Monsters are Due on Maple Street: “I had the soup on the stove and the stove just stopped working.” a) exposition b) inciting action c) resolution d) rising action e) climax
- I know Pedro quite well. _____, Pedro happens to be my best friend. a) therefore b) as a result c) nevertheless d) so e) in fact f) NOTA
- A paradox is… a) two doctors. b) a time travel thing c) a contradiction d) a device or machine e) NOTA
- Up, up, and away in my beautiful balloon. a) Fragment b) Run on c) Correct Sentence.
- The upstairs library is a great place to quietly study for your test. Adjectives? a) upstairs b) great, quietly c) upstairs, great, quietly d) upstairs, great e) NOTA
- Yesterday, I downloaded from iTunes the album My Love is Like a Cheese by the band Love Baby Kiss Doll. a) fragment b) run on c) apostrophe or plural error d) word misuse e) no mistake
- There are many compelling songs, my favorite song on the album is called “Take the Skinheads Bowling.” a) fragment b) run on c) apostrophe or plural error d) word misuse e) no mistake
- When the midwife rejects Alyce the first time she comes back. a) exposition b) climax c) inciting incident d) falling action e) rising action f) resolution
- The quarterback ____(ed) every weakness in the defense and threw for 5 touchdowns. a) circumvent b) illicit c) acquit d) dumbfound e) elude f) exploit g) NOTA
The Original Maus!