“Daily Scramble, 11/13.”
- I forgot
- it boiled over
- I was concentrating
- on my homework
- about the soup
“Vocab Review, 11/13.”
a) begrudge b) metamorphosis c) transfixed d) scapegoat e) surfeit f) attribute g) instill h) optimistic i) pessimistic j) colloquial
- The hill with the M on it is known _____(ly) as Madonna Mountain, but its real name is Cerro San Luis.
- The prefix of this word means across or through: _____
- Some people in this class have such a _____ of points that they could skip a test, take a zero, and still have an A.
a) intrigue b) benevolent c) apprehensive d) wheedle e) sift f) transgression g) aghast h) ebb i) nondescript j) enhance
- The fan _____(ed) her way into the sold-out concert by flirting with the security guard.
- The new landscaping in front of the house really ________(ed) its value.
- The spy novel was full of mystery and ______.
a) derivative b) disreputable c) tumultuous d) tantalize e) stanch f) boon g) sham h) abide i) taunt j) incompetent
- It looks like the train wreck was the result of a(n) ______ engineer driving the train.
- Is high-technology a _____ for mankind…
- …or is it a _____ and just another way for companies to sell more stuff?
a) diligent b) compelling c) convene d) turmoil e) heedless f) cordial g) diffident h) abundant i) dire j) grovel
- The clown _____(tion) filled the parking lot with tiny cars.
- gossipy : discreet :: safe : ______
- His brother’s sudden disappearance caused great ____ in the family.
a) adversary b) aplomb c) banish d) grueling e) perceive f) disdain g) dispel h) engross i) diminish j) exhilarate
- The amount of crime _____(ed) when police started patrolling the neighborhood more often.
- The root origin of this word meant “turned against.” ________
- The root origin of this word meant”balanced and straight and true.” ______
Check RBC Directions: All or Nothing!
“RBC, Directions, 11/13.”
- What is the label of the key you would press first to make the Setup menu appear on the screen? a) TIMER b) MENU c) SELECT d) ENTER e) TV
- Once you’re at the Setup menu, what is the label for the key you would press to get to the other menus, such as Timer Setup? (Use the diagram!) a) TIMER b) MENU c) SELECT d) ENTER e) TV
- What key would you press to get back to watching The Simpsons when you’re done setting the timer? (Use the diagram.) a) TIMER b) MENU c) SELECT d) ENTER e) TV
- Which is the answer to #4 on p 372? a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) NOTA
- The warning says that the timer will only work if you have already set the TV clock. a) True b) False
- Which of these words should you NOT have circled in response to #1 on p372? a) Quit. b) Press c) Select d) Repeat e) You should have circled all of them.
- Which of these numbers had multiple steps? a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 5 e) They all had multiple steps.
“A Sound of Thunder”
What three things could the phrase “a sound of thunder” represent?
What is the real theme of the story?
“Time and Punishment”??!
Time? (LOL) “The Flying Machine”
What do you think this expression means: “The end justifies the means”?
The word MEANS means HOW to get to a goal; that is WHAT you DO to achieve your END, which is your goal.
So… Does it?