“Vocab, 9/19.” * = current SAW.
- buy : sell :: boycott : ____
- legitimate : illicit :: combined : ____
- The teacher tried to ____ the correct response from the students by giving hints.
- This word literally means “discovered speechless.” ______
- I did not want to be ___(ed); I felt I was savvy enough to make my own decisions.
- I was _____ to tell the teacher about the cheating I saw, because the person was my friend.
- * (3) Could you please ____ the source where you found the _____ that you used for your _____?
FROs! Fragments and Run Ons.
What’s wrong with this?
Why is this ironic and funny?
What does a sentence have to have?
What is a sentence fragment? How could we fix it?
What is a run-on? How could we fix it?
“FRO Practice I, 9/21.” (7p) Write CS, F, or RO for each word group. How could we fix the FROs?
- Laughing at the comedian’s act.
- Chief Wiggum, the doughnut-eater and chief cop.
- Up the mountain we hiked.
- The wagon was loaded with food it was pulled by two teams of horses.
- There are shells all over the beach let’s collect some!
- On his back, the bug wriggled his little legs.
- Into the hole fell he.
- I love that story; I have read it three times.
- Write a sentence about “Richard Cory” that begins with the word although.
- On p34-35, Cherry said something to Pony that relates well to the meaning of the poem “Richard Cory.” What did she say to Pony? (Two quotes possible.)
“Nothing Gold Can Stay”
- What “gold” has Ponyboy lost? Soda? Darry?