Opening Act: “Unpack Your Adjectives.”
Based on the video, write a definition of what an adjective is/does:
(Copy and complete) “An adjective is a word that…”
I will be checking Vocabulary Show Me You Know sentences.
“Warm Up, 8/21.”
- Explain what the expression “Ignorance is bliss” means.
- (2) Is the expression “Ignorance is bliss” a motto? Why/not?
- cool : good :: dig : ______
- hopeful : bleak :: proud : _____
- He touched the cut on his cheek ______. Ow!
- A person who doesn’t like to ______ to the group is often looked at as an outsider.
- Even though their denotations are similar, the words nosy and curious have different _____(s).
- He nodded ____(ly) and said, “It would have been wiser to have someone pick you up.”
“Delinquent” by Langston Hughes
The Outsiders by S E Hinton
- What are the connotations of the word “outsider”?
- What does it mean to say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”?