YEE #5. Use your own paper. NDP in upper right corner.
Title: YEE #5. Use 4-digit dates for #1 and #2. Copy only the ones that say “Copy.”
- First Independence Day (M,D,Y):
- Pearl Harbor Day (M,D,Y):
- (Copy.) 10% of 250 = _________
- (Copy.) 24/40 = ______% = ______(letter grade)
- a) ______ books have been sitting b)_______ for a long time; I hope c)______ coming back soon.
- Copy the sentence below and label each word with its part of speech.
Homer tripped very awkwardly, and hit his fat head
on the door.
- Wacky Wordy: CLOU__ __
- Wacky Wordy:
- What do all these have in common? Pebble, Long, Cocoa, Palm, Myrtle
- What do these sets of letters have in common? Clfrn, Clrd, Hw, Grg, Txs, Lsn
- These SEVEN words are hiding something. What?
Vermont, statues, Swedish, Arthur, Africa, sensation, misunderstood
“Vocabulary, 5/23.” (Each word once.)
- “Two roads ____(ed) in a yellow wood…” I took the one less traveled by.
- During the period before Easter, you are supposed to ____ from something you enjoy.
- The A he received on the first test was a(n) _______ beginning to the quarter.
- The morning after Doc Robinson’s murder, the entire town ____(ed) on the scene of the crime.
- After he started studying for the tests, he saw a _____ increase in his grade.
- His fake nose and moustache combo was a pathetic attempt to go ______.
- Since they believed Injun Joe had sold his soul to Satan, they thought it would be ______ to mess with him.
- (2) It was a little____ to watch the _____ practice the same basic move over and over.
- (2) As Examination Day approached, Mr. Dobbins grew more and more _____, and was ______ about punishing any wrong answer. (The order matters.)
“Tom Sawyer, 5/23.”
- How does Tom want to spend any treasure they find?
- How does Huck want to spend any treasure they find?
- Why does Huck say Tom is “not in his right mind” for wanting to get married?
- What’s the reason Tom gives for not finding the treasure where they should?
- Why does Huck say ghosts are scarier than dead people?