- _______ (Be prepared to explain why for 1-4.)
- cool : good :: dig : ______ (1 + 1. Not infer.)
- hopeful : bleak :: proud : _____
- Most religions promise eternal ______ in some place like Heaven.
- A person who doesn’t like to ______ to the group is often looked at as an outsider.
- Even though he may not be “book-smart” he has a lot of ____ about the world.
- Explain what the expression “Ignorance is bliss” means.
- Is the expression “Ignorance is bliss” a motto? Why/not?
- Based on the video, write a definition of what an adjective is/does: “An adjective is a word that…”
“Delinquent” by Langston Hughes
The Outsiders by S E Hinton
- Connotations of the word “outsider”?
- What does it mean to say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”?
- What is a 1st person narrator? 2nd? 3rd? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- What is required to make a story? (Hint: it starts with a c.)
- Who are the “outsiders”?