Tomorrow’s Test: (Already?) Commas, Vocab, Husker Du, Vladek.
“Commas, 2/16.” Insert commas, give reasons. Some need more than one comma for more than one reason.
- The wild llama in fact is a vicious predator.
- She wanted to tame the wild llama but it was too much for her.
- There was a very ancient ancestor to the llama which had giant razor sharp claws.
- If you come to the dance please don’t wear white people.
- The funny sign should have said Slow Children Crossing.
- I asked my BFF the llama whether he wanted an orange chicken or taco salad.
- Until you’ve tasted llama jerky you haven’t really eaten.
- We climbed to the top of the mountain although the llama was scared.
- “Are you _____(ing) that I’m a liar?”
- We ran out of the ingredients for the recipe, so we had to ______.
- The Nuremberg Laws ____(ed) Jews to second-rate status.
- Years of work were needed for the CIA agent to _____ himself into the terrorist organization.
- After three warnings, Scott was _____(ed) to the “naughty chair.”
- The students in the MP are far from _____ when it comes to cleaning up after themselves at break and lunch.
- The annoying kids taunted the dog over the fence until he was _____(ed) enough to jump it.
- Mr. Coward does not _______ the use of phones in class.
- Some people think that the Narnia series is a religious _________, with Aslan the lion representing Christ.
- Which one is the allegory? a) Using animals instead of people in Maus. b) The early bird gets the worm. c) “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” d) He slept like a rock. e) B and D. f) All are allegories. g) None are allegories.