“Gramma Review, 4/18. Copy and label. (10p)
(The word on is a preposition. “Doh” is extra credit. The is an article, which is technically a ____.)
Doh! Homer tripped very awkwardly and hit his fat head on the door.
- I am not exactly _____ to helping you out of this mess, since it was your own fault.
- It was hard for Pony to understand the ____(ing) that Socs had for greasers.
- The helpful student picked up the trash with _____ after being asked to help out.
- He was ____(ed) to do all his homework before he watched any tv.
- He is a rather ____ liar; he tells so many lies, you can never tell which of his stories is true.
- obvious : subtle :: bogus : _______
- Aunt Polly thought she was being very _____(ful) as she questioned Tom, trying to trick him.
- bold : audacious :: patronizing : ______
- ** People with criminal backgrounds are legally ____(ed) from working for some government agencies like the FBI.
“Tom Sawyer Quiz, 4/18.” Write the answer.
- The Outsiders : Tulsa :: Tom Sawyer :_____
- (left) What is wrong with this illustration from the original edition?
- (right) Which scene does the right hand pic show? (That’s Jim with the bucket.)
- According to MT, what is the difference between work and play?
- Who is the “great and wise philosopher” mentioned on p15? (I need a NAME.)
- “bully” = “gay” a) True b) False
(Bonus) Which character in The Outsiders would agree with the philosophy of “spare the rod, spoil the child”?
Tom Sawyer: Busy at Love and War.