LET’S PLAY SCRABBLE. This time it’s for real!
- Each person draws a letter. The letter closest to A goes first. (Blank beats A.)
- Draw continues clockwise (to the left) after that.
- If no one volunteers, the person with the letter farthest from A is scorekeeper.
- Put those letters back and draw seven (7) each.
- Keep score like this (don’t write what’s in the parentheses):
|Jimmy (First Player)
17 (first turn)
6 (second turn)
23 (total so far)
14 (third turn)
37 (total so far)
|Johnny (Second Player)
- First player must put the word down with a letter on the Star (2x word) in the middle.
- Left to right, top to bottom; not diagonal, not bottom to top!
- Suggestion: no more than 2 minutes per person.
- NO! NO! NO!
- NO abbreviations or contractions
- NO foreign words
- NO proper nouns (nouns you would normally capitalize)
- (Check the dictionary.)
Multiplier squares are one use only!