diversity (noun) variety; range
enhance (verb) to improve
migration (noun) movement from one place to another
presume (verb) to suppose; to guess; to assume
reveal (verb) to uncover; to show; to expose
- This word comes from roots that mean “to take before.”
- This word’s root means “to turn in opposite directions.”
- This word’s root means “to uncover.”
- “movement from one place to another to live or work”
- This word’s roots meant “to make higher.”
- In this country, the legal system is supposed to _____ that you are innocent until they can prove you are guilty.
- Usually _______ follows the job market. People go where there are jobs.
Debrief Test #15. I know which ones I will be Husker Du-ing!
- A CLAUSE is a group of words that contain a subject and a verb.
- An INDEPENDENT CLAUSE can stand alone as sentence.
- A DEPENDENT CLAUSE cannot stand alone as a sentence.
For each boldfaced, underlined group of words say whether it is an Independent Clause, a Dependent Clause, or NOT A CLAUSE at all.
- Since I ate a doughnut, I felt rapturous.
- The llama climbed slowly up the very steep hill.
- Jimmy ate a doughnut; he got sick.
- There are some things in life that we’ll never know.
- You must say, “Sir,” when you say, “Mr. Coward.”
- I ate a second doughnut, and I still felt good.
- The llama won the race although the tortoise was a faster runner.
- Joe ran to the store with his llama.
- When the llama started his company, he had nothing.
- The llama is a quadruped with fins for swimming.