Copy homework into planner.
advocate (noun/verb) supporter
contrary (adjective) opposite; opposing
prohibit (verb) to not allow; to forbid
release (verb) to let go; to set free
reverse (verb) to change back; to overturn
- _____ (2)
- The root of this word means “voice.” _____
- His conviction was ______(ed) after the appeal. –>Bonus opportunity: Use a previous vocab word to fill in the next blank–This means he was now _____(ed).
- ______ to popular belief, one human year does not equal seven “dog years.”
- “_____ the hounds,” is what Mr. Burns says when he wants his dogs to get rid of someone.
- Cell phones are _____(ed) in this class, unless otherwise specified by Mr. Coward.
- Your lawyer is supposed to be your _____ in court and speak for you.
- The word ______ is sometimes used to mean death.
Research Topics! This paper will be written in class.
First of all, the prohibited topics: Disney or Disneyland, rock/rap/singing/movie/sports stars or celebrities, animals because they’re cute, skateboarding, surfing, snowboarding, skiing, particular cars/planes/motorcycles/etc, mass murderers/criminals, video games, tv shows, movies.
Pick something that you can tell a brief anecdote about, something you can show somebody doing or a reason for learning something. Pick something you can ask at least five good questions about that require more than a sentence or two to answer. Hobbies, careers, scientific/mathematical topics, historical topics, health and medical topics are more what we are looking for.
By EOP Wednesday, you will need a topic and 5 solid questions.
Start looking for topics/sources! I would like to see several choices by the end of the period.