Prep sheet for Test #4.
KBARR: ___/40 NVA: ___/9 ___/9 ___/9
Vocabulary Homework: ___/20 Vocab Practices: ___/12 ___/11___/12
Other Extra Credit: Period 1 gets +3 for winning Vocab Relay. All other periods get +1 for finishing under 1 minute.
- Sue is both the 50th best and the 50th worst student at her school. How many students attend her school? (Not a trick, just math.)
- You have six sticks that are vertical on the floor like this:
| | | | | |
Add five more sticks to make nine. You may not move any of the original 6 sticks.
- An archaeologist uncovers an ancient tomb, between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. Two, unclothed, long-dead bodies are found in the tomb. One is an adult male, the other an adult female. Both bodies are perfectly preserved, although dry and leathery with age. The archaeologist takes one look and exclaims: “It’s a miracle! I have found Adam and Eve.” How did the archaeologist know this at a glance?
- Here is a question on international law: If an international airliner crashed exactly on the U.S.-Mexico border, where would they be required to bury the survivors?
- Removing an appendix is called an appendectomy, removing tonsils is called a tonsillectomy. What is it called when they remove a growth from your head? (haha)
- What is the next thing in this sequence. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ____. See if you can fill in the blank correctly.