- _____ (Fill in the blank on the cup. A receptacle is a container.)
- While Senor Macho was in training, he took several different vitamin ______(s). (You’ll have to change the form of the word.)
- We were a little _____ when the pilot said it was his first flight. (Not aghast.)
- We were ______(ed) by his mysterious-sounding voice.
- Since 1967, cigarette smoking has ___(ed) to its lowest rate ever.
- (2) The class was ____ that someone would be silly enough to commit a ___ like that in front of Mr. Coward.
- (2) Another name for detention might be “____ behavior _____(ment).”
- *_____ the surgeon’s best efforts, the patient didn’t survive.
- *It was hard to be _____ with her when I was so angry.
Proofreading Practice I. Proofread the yellow highlighted part. List all the mistakes you find and how to fix them. +1 point for each correctly found and fixed, -1 for each missed and/or each wrongly corrected. The group with the highest score wins!
Fun Examples. Don’t just show the actions you are doing, SHOW THE FUN! Show the feelings! The exhilaration!
TMA. Name someone who is nice (or nearly so) to Alyce.