Welcome Guest Teacher. Mr. Coward will check SMYK’s on Thursday!
“Daily Scramble, 12/4.”
- is difficult
- to work
- it can be done
- at 10 years of age
- getting a paying job
- you are willing
- for practically nothing
- Give the antonym for this guy’s look. ______
- (2) Figure #2 shows the effects of sleep _____(ation) which is very ____ in today’s society.
- _____ (He’s pretty ____ about coloring.)
- _____ (Not non sequitur.)
- During the Nazi occupation of Poland there was a(n) ______ shortage of food and other necessities in the Jewish community. (Not prevalent.)
- The Nuremberg laws _____(ed) the Jews of the right to vote and be citizens.
- In The Outsiders, the Socs had both wealth and social _______.
- Fifth period seems to like to interrupt the class with various ______(s) and random questions.
- The con man _____(ly) convinced the old lady that he was in love with her in order to steal her money.
- (2) The transfer of the 1936 Olympics to another country would have damaged Germany’s _____, so they enforced their racist laws less _____(ly) during that time.
- * Near the end of The Midwife’s Apprentice, Alyce is ______ about what path to take with her life.
Maus Quiz. Open book. Collaborative. (15p) We will correct tomorrow!
- (2) What things does Artie say have “taken their toll” on his father?
- What physical sign does Vladek still have from the concentration camps?
- Why is Chapter One called “The Sheik”? (Because…)
- On p14, the circular panel marks the beginning of Vladek’s story in the past. Where do we first interrupt that story, and come back to the present for a moment? (page and panel)
- Maus is told in ____ person. a) 1st b) 2nd c) 3rd d) 4th
- What year did Vladek meet Anja? (p17)
- Why does Anja want to break her engagement with Vladek before they married?
- (quote) What promise to his father does Artie break?
- Why does Vladek threaten to end the engagement with Anja?
Character ID. Identify each person either by name (if given) or by explanation.
- p13, panel 4, the one in the dress.
- (2) p17, panel 2, both characters.
- p20, panel 1, the person with the cigarette.
- p20, last panel, the person on the right.
Read aloud from page 32 —>