Grab a clicker as you come in the door. Write your number in your notebook: “Clicker #23.”
- Please click G.
- Please click B.
I will be recording your clicker number as you work on the test.
You will CIRCLE the ANSWER on the test sheet AND CLICK it in.
Prep your Test Sheet for Test #1:
Vocabulary Homework: ____/20
Warm Ups: 8-21___/10 8-22:____/12 8-23:___/9 Adjectives:___/6
Other Extra Credit: Period 5 gets a +3 for “vocabulary relay.”
Mental Floss. Brain teasers and trick questions to scrape the mucous off your brain before the test. Purely extra credit. NO penalty for wrong answers, so you may as well guess. Write the answers at the top of your test sheet. If it looks like a trick, it probably is.
- You have two coins that total 15 cents, but one of them is not a nickel. How is that possible?
- What is the volume of dirt in a hole 6 feet long, 8 feet deep, and 4 feet wide?
- A farmer had seventeen sheep; all but nine died. How many are left?
- What heavy six letter word can you take one letter away from and have eight left?
- You are in a mountain cabin, and it is freezing and dark. The cabin has an old gas lantern, a wood burning stove, and an oil burning heater. You have only one match. Which do you light first?
- A fish weighs 10 pounds plus half its weight. How much does it weigh? (Not a trick; just math.)
Test #1. Circle the correct answer. NOTA = None of the Above.
Finished early? Your choices:
1) Doodle on the back of the test – Theme: The messiest room you can imagine. The theme is optional; you may doodle about whatever you want. If I like it you get extra credit.
2) Trackword – Read the directions! Write your numbered list of words off to the side or on the back of the test.
3) Read something.
4) Nap. Just don’t snore.
5) Stare blankly (and silently) into space.