Welcome to Seventh Grade English!
(Short classes today due to the Tour Schedule.)
Seating Charts/Schedules/Name Pronunciation, etc.
I. Copy homework into assignment book (AKA: planner).
This is the first thing we do every week. The homework for the entire week goes up Monday (or the first day of the week).
II. Vocabulary Sheet. Rate your knowledge of this week’s words.
x : y :: a : b.
Translation: x is related to y in the same way that a is related to b.
Example –> ice : melt : garbage : rot.
In Notebook: “Warm Up, 8/22/16.” Copy 1-3. Show your work on #4.
- tobacco : cigarette : : meat : _____
- boxer : athlete :: chair : ______
- needle : sew :: shovel : ______
- On a 40 point test, how many points would I need to receive an A (90%)?
- Which is correct: “18 plus 19 is 36,” or “18 plus 19 are 36″?