I will be checking KBARR while you warm up. Here are some more options for responding: 55 Ways.
“Warm Up, 9/1.” Read #6 and #7 together as one sentence. No need to copy anything; write the appropriate vocabulary word. You may use words more than once. Always be prepared to explain your reasoning.
- At the party, he stood ______(ly) off to the side of the room, quietly watching the festivities.
- The paper said that the business man was a(n) ______ to society…
- …but _________(ly), he was secretly a gangster.
- common : elite :: cowardly : ______
- The gentleman _____(ly) opened the door for the ladies.
- gain : freedom :: _____ : capture
- It would be ironic if a poor hobo spent his last dollar on a lottery ticket, and won. a) True b) False
What does every story require in order to be a story?