I will be checking vocabulary and KBARR while you are warming up.
- The Socs are the _____ social class in 1967 Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Maybe his cold unfeeling exterior is simply a _____ that hides his true feelings.
- Joey _____(ed) at the thought of his brother being a drop-out.
- mask : facade :: resource : _____
- “Guess what I’ve been in jail for?” asked Dally, grinning ____(ly).
- A French chef in New York chisels ice sculptures. a) adjective b) not
- Machine parts are used to form mechanical structures. a) adjective b) not
- She is a pretty savvy poker player . a) adjective b) not
- She has a lot of basketball savvy. a) adjective b) not
The Outsiders – Mini Quiz (5)
- “…gets drunk on just plain living”?
- …thinks Ponyboy is a “tag-a-long and a kid”?
- “…doesn’t understand anything that isn’t plain, hard fact”?
- …kept them “laughing at themselves”?
- …likes to “lone it anyway”?
Why do you think Ponyboy capitalizes the word Soc but not the word greaser?