BLOGS! We had seven who busted a move last night and three who came close.
Checking: Vocab definitions.
“Warm Up, 9/20.” * = spelling. ** = vocabulary. Do not copy. (15)
- (2) The roots of the word homophone means _____ _____.
2. * Dally is Johnny’s _____.
3. Do you understand the ____(s) of dividing fractions?
4. * The word ____ comes from the French word for body.
5. (3) ____ books have been sitting ____ for a long time; I hope ____ coming back soon.
6. ** _____ 7. ** _____ 8. ** _____ 9. ** _____
10. ** buy : sell :: boycott : _____
11. ** legitimate : illicit :: combined : _____
12. ** The teacher tried to ____ the correct response from the students by giving hints.
“NVAA , 9/20”
1-5: Name the part-of-speech of each boldfaced, underlined word above.
Plot Practice. Use the appropriate terms from the diagram in your notebook to fill the blanks. (7p – 6 minutes.)
- The 5 W’s (who, what, when, where, why) is usually given to us during the ______ of the story.
- “And they all died,” would be the _____ of a dystopian fairy tale.
- The scene in the novel where Pony tells Cherry (and us) about Johnny getting jumped is in the ______ of the story…
- …and it also illustrates main ____ of the story.
- Johnny stabbing Bob would be the _______ of the story.
- We are now in the _____ of the story.
- The part where he says that he likes the Green Eggs and Ham. ______
“Richard Cory” 9/20.
Write a sentence about Richard Cory that begins with the word although.