Vocab Monday for Homies.
This week’s SAWs:
impact, transfer, feature, design, potential
- A twisted rubber band has _____ energy that can be used to fly a small plane.
- The prefix of this word means across or through: _____.
- (2) A ______ ______ of the new iPhone is the lack of a physical home button.
- (3) The city council studied the _____ _____ of the new shopping center on the local neighborhood before asking the developer to ______ a more pedestrian-friendly environment.
- The new car had many optional _______(s) you could add for extra money.
Bonus Question: This week’s spelling theme is homophones. The roots of the word homophone mean _______ ________.
Warm Up, 9/19/16. Copy 1-3. *= spelling, ** = vocabulary.
- * friendly : hostile :: active : _____
- * its, whose, ____
- * Sacramento : ______ :: Mr. Calandro : ______ (2)
- * It is said that many stereotypes start with a _____ of truth.
- *_______ books are *______? (Must get both.)
Go over Test #4.
“Richard Cory” by Edwin Arlington Robinson
Third Period needs the PLOT diagram from Thursday.