“Vocabulary Review, 11/1.” If you can’t come up with the correct vocabulary word, fill in the blank with any word that makes sense in the sentence.
- Even though he may not be “book-smart” he has a lot of ____ about the world.
- Since I studied, I _____(ed) myself quite well on the test.
- The paper said that the business man was an ____ to society…
- …but ____(ly), he was secretly a gangster.
- My parents were a little _____ about the crowd I was hanging out with.
- At first, Pony thought he might be able to ____ the Socs by acting tough.
- It was very (in)____ to cheat on a test and then brag.
- S. E. Hinton says that she didn’t have the ____ to be a teacher. The kids’ problems wore her out.
- The quarterback ____(ed) every weakness in the defense and threw for 5 touchdowns.
- At the family reunion, we sat around ___(ing) about the last reunion.
- It would be ironic if a poor hobo spent his last dollar on a lottery ticket, and won. a) True b) False
- ______ 13. _____ 14. _____ 15. “I’m not _____; I’m ignoring you.”
Correct RBC, p346-347: Weather. (5p + 10p)
“RBC, p346-347.” (11p)
- The horizontal lines on p346 represent…
- (p346) Many of the satellite photos we see on tv and on the ‘net are provided by the NOAA. What does that abbreviation stand for?
- On a graph like the one marked A on p346, we read the data… a) right to left, and bottom to top b) left to right, and bottom to top c) right to left, and top to bottom d) left to right, and top to bottom e) It doesn’t matter.
- On p346, °F means…
- In the context of weather (p347), the word precipitation means… a) snow b) rain c) ice/hail d) any of the above e) none of the above
- What does the big capital H on the map on p347 mean?
- What do the shaded bands on the map on p347 represent?
- (p347) Areas of low pressure seem to be associated with… a) warm temperatures b) a lot of wind c) flooding d) precipitation e) cheese
- Which of these is the warmest city on the map on p347? a) San Francisco b) Las Vegas c) Honolulu d) Phoenix e) Miami
- (p347) Which of these cities has weather that is most similar to our current weather? a) San Francisco b) Billings c) Raleigh d) Phoenix e) Miami
- According to the map on p347, about how far is it from San Francisco to Salt Lake City? a) 350 miles b) 1000 miles c) 1500 miles d) 750 miles e) You can’t tell.
The Midwife’s Apprentice.