Outsiders Projects due TODAY!
Copy homework into assignment book.
No school Friday. Test is Thursday. Vocab will be all reruns from the first five lists.
- Your excuse does not ____ the fact that you are guilty.
- At Laguna, ______ teachers are called guest teachers.
- Ponyboy was ______ about being a greaser.
- There used to be PSA commercials on tv that said “Reading is ____,” with the emphasis on the first three letters. Get it? It’s important and basic, and it’s enjoyable.
- A ____ sentence is made up of two or more sentences, properly connected.
“I shouldn’t have done that,” he said with a ___ sigh. a) savvy b) rueful c) infer d) conform e) fathom
- I was able to _____ the meaning of the word from the way it was used in the sentence. a) bleak b) conform c) rueful d) gingerly e) infer
- Even after I read the poem three times, the meaning still ______(ed) me. a) wince b) gallant c) facade d) factor e) elude
- Dally spat on the ground ______(ly) when he thought of what the Socs did to Johnny. a) contemptuous b) incredulous c) credible d) ironic e) aloof
- lazy : dogged :: flattered : _____ a) acquit b) leery c) bluff d) indignant e) subside
- Moisture and heat help create an environment _____ to the growth of bacteria. a) indignant b) dogged c) conducive d) wistful e) gorge
Debrief Test #10.
The Midwife’s Apprentice