Here’s your asausage …
Bonus: What recent vocab word?
“Husker Du, 3/15.” Periods 1, 3, 6. Test 24.
- It is taking us awhile to ______ the concepts of compound and complex sentences. a) ominous b) solace c) assuage d) assimilate e) ubiquitous f) NOTA
- Mr. Coward’s student assistant is not happy about Jhonny’s less than _____ papers. a) meticulous b) ubiquitous c) ominous d) petulant e) languid f) NOTA
- What is a Gentile? a) a German citizen b) American soldier c) a non-Jew d) a war prisoner e) A Polish cictzen f) NOTA
- When your sadness is _____(ed)… a) assuage b) solace c) ominous d) assimilate e) meticulous f) NOTA
- …your soul has found ___. a) assuage b) solace c) languid d) ubiquitousness e) assimilate f) NOTA
“Husker Du, 3/15.” Period 2. Test 22.
- The ______ customers who were scammed… a) disgruntled b) subjugated c) mesmerized d) intercede e) pauper f) NOTA
- …needed someone to _____ for them to get their money back. a) disgruntled b) subjugated c) mesmerized d) intercede e) pauper f) NOTA
- He thought he was OK until he wasn’t. a) S b) CD c) CX
- What was one of the things Artie used to think a lot or fantasize about as a kid? a) Being as “handy” as Vladek. b) Being loved as much as they loved Richieu. c) Which of his parents he’d let the Nazis take. d) Poison gas coming out of the shower heads. e) C and D.
- “It was a critical…success.” (p201) What does he mean? a) People criticized Maus for being mean to Vladek. b) They sold a lot of related, licensed products with it. c) It got good reviews. d) You saw a lot of ads for it on tv. e) It made a lot of money.
“Vocab, 3/15.” Once each.
- The elephant reached out with its ____trunk.
- Jonas said that the main feeling in his Stirrings dream was the ______(ing).
- One of these days your knees will ____ under the weight of your giant backpacks.
- The chatter in the class reached a ______, and then Mr. Coward yelled, “Quiet!”
- He didn’t realize the _____ of his mistake until much later when it all came back to haunt him.
- Lack of sleep _____(s) itself in many ways, such as an actual drop in intelligence.
- The test supervisor was not very ____, and many students cheated on the test.
- (2) Sometimes when a guest teacher is a little _____ in the discipline department, classes will _____ to being kindergartners again.
- (2) The guest teacher had better not be _____(ed) by your class, or you will be in great _____ when Mr. Coward returns.
“Bye-bye, little guy.”
“Dah Givah, 17-19.” Use COMPLETE sentences for #1 and #5. Use QUOTES from the actual book for #2, #3, and #4.
- Now that Jonas is experiencing deep feelings like anger and sadness, what does he realize about his family? (ch 17)
- (quote) Why was Jonas disturbed by the game his friends are playing? (p125-127)
- (quote) Find a quote on p136 that looks like foreshadowing.
- (quote) What does The Giver think of the idea of Jonas watching the release? (ch 19)
- What is the inciting incident of our book? ( “The inciting incident was…” Be careful!)
- Starting with chapter 20, we are now entering the _____ of the story. a) exposition b) rising action c) climax d) falling action e) resolution f) NOTA