Wednesday, 4/5/17 — Welcome Guest Teacher!
- (2) Do you know _____ _____? (you, ABC)
- We are going to the ______ for dinner. (Lopez – all of them.)
- Please make sure you cross all the ____ in your essay. (T)
- The sign said “_____ Greetings.” (Season)
- (2) ____ very important to give the llama _____ favorite teddy bear before bed. (It, it)
- He seemed smart, even though most of the facts he knew were rather ________.
- He pinched her arm, a little bit with _____(ity), and a little bit with meanness, to get her to pay attention.
- Why do we have to go through all this ________ just to add on to our house?
- somber : jovial :: humility : _______
- “…masks that smiled or masks that frowned, according to the owners’ _________.”
- ***Please _______from being a bonehead while the guest teacher is here.
- ***You have that _____, don’t you?
Continue reading The Earth Men aloud.
“The Earth Men.” Collaborative and Open Book. Write the answers not the letters.
- The best word(s) to describe most Martians’ reaction to the Earth men would be… a) fear. b) anger. c) indifference. d) politeness. e) none of the above.
- What does the captain say that finally makes Mr. Aaa stop and listen to him? a) “All the way from Earth.” b) “Mr. Ttt sent us to see you.” c) “Earth. Rocket. Men. Trip. Space.” d) “We came sixty million miles.” e) “We’re from Earth.”
- What is it the Earth men want from the Martians? a) Land. b) They want the Martians to surrender. c) Recognition. d) Goods to trade with Earth. e) All of the above.
- Even though it doesn’t really have anything to do with the story, Ray Bradbury spends time describing a mechanical spider toy that the little girl plays with. What’s the point? a) To show how weird the Martians are. b) To show us a glimpse of what Martian life is like. c) He’s comparing the Earth men to the spider; they are just toys that the Martians play with. d) To show that the girl really isn’t interested in the man’s story. e) B and D.
- It turns out that the line of work a Martian needs to be in to welcome Earth men is… a) military b) government leader c) police d) immigration e) psychology
- “Without noticing them again, as if they had melted down through the floor…” (p23) a) flashback b) foreshadowing c) metaphor d) simile e) NOTA
- What was the Martian’s explanation for the rocket?
- (quote) Why does Mr. Xxx shoot the captain?
- Why does the story end with a “weather report”?
- Which sense is your tactile sense?
- What is the climax of the story?