“Warm Up 10/24”
- I saw five _____ in Las Vegas! a) Elvi b) Elvis’s c) Elvis’ d) Elvises e) NOTA
- _____ are not allowed… a) Students b) Students’ c) Student’s d) NOTA
- …in the ___ lounge. a) teacher’s b) teachers’ c) teachers’s d) NOTA
“Sentence Scramble, 10/24.”
“Vocabulary Practice, 10/24.” (14p)
- _____ “Where’s the ‘Any’ key?”
- _____ (Bonus for this guy’s name.)
- _____ (Bonus for what this type of bandage is called. Further bonus if you actually spell the word correctly.)
- (2) Which two vocabulary words this week have prefixes that mean not?
- The codeine in your cough syrup is a ______ of the same plant that is used to make heroin.
- Their relationship was rather _____, with many ups, downs, and in-betweens over the years.
- Which vocabulary word has a prefix that means again?
- Unlike the Socs, the greasers were considered to be _______ characters
- The carpenter we hired to build the shed was very ______; it was a well-built shed.
- Give an example of a derivative of the word child.
- * (2) The new teacher______(ed) rules that were very _____ with dire consequences for breaking them.
TMA Group Quiz.
- On p26, what does the word “laden” means? (middle paragraph)
- Why does the merchant give Beetle the comb? (p29) No quote; what does the quote mean? (solemnity = seriousness)
- Read the paragraph on p33 that begins, “‘ Alyce!’ The midwife snorted…” What does it mean when she says “punctuated each name with a pot thrown…”?
- What does the last line of chapter 5 mean?
- (5) Write a 5W’s for chapter 5 – The Merchant. (who, what, when, where, why)
- Bonus: On p30, in the first indented paragraph, what does the last sentence mean? (“The wink and the comment…”)
What was the Devil?