“Warm Up, 10/25.” Copy and label each SAW as a Noun, Verb or ADJective.
“Sentence Scramble, 10/25.”
Your group has to “serial read” your sentence. I will pick a person to start and then each person will read a chunk and then the next will read the next and around and around. Tip: After the sentence is finished, separately underline or circle each chunk so it’s easier to see where you are when you have to read in turn.
- “This is the letter A. It’s the first letter of the alphabet. So much for the initial consultation. Further advice requires $1000.” ______
- responsible : disreputable :: calm : ____ (Bonus: Add -ing to another vocab word and it becomes a 2nd correct answer!)
- I cannot ____ someone who cheats. He or she will face consequences.
- Winning the lottery is not always the _____ people think it will be.
- Some people think it’s a good idea to build a giant fence to try to _____ the flow of illegal drugs and immigrants.
- On the last day of school, the screams of joy will _____ in the hallways.
- He bought his computer from a(n) ____ dealer, and when it broke the next day, they told him he was out of luck. (Not sham.)
- We must all ____ by the same rules.
- The word midwife is a ______ of the Middle English words meaning “with woman.”
“TMA, 10/25.” Write the answer, not the letter.
- Why does Alyce save Will? a) She’s scared she might go to Hell if she doesn’t. b) She’s scared she’ll be the one the village blames for his death. c) She doesn’t want to help send Will to Hell. d) She says she doesn’t know. e) She kind of likes him f) NOTA
- By “pluck” (p39) Will means…
- Which of the following is the only example of someone in the village who is nice to Alyce before the Devil comes? a) Jack and Wat b) the miller’s wife c) Grommet Smith d) the baker’s wife e) NOTA (Someone else.)
- What’s wag? (“…Aww this wag grows boresome…” -p41) a) What a dog’s tail does. b) A shake of the head. c) Teasing and taunting. d) Drunkenness. e) NOTA
- Why were all the people who were caught shown mercy, and not punished as severely as they normally would be?
- (QUOTE) Find the quote from the beginning of chapter 7 that foreshadowed that Alyce would be revealed as the “Devil.”
- (3) Give three examples (from anywhere in the book) that show that Beetle is not as stupid as Jane the Midwife would like to believe.