Friday is a day off, remember? So…
Tomorrow’s Test: RBC (weather + reruns), Vocabulary Reruns, Husker Du, TMA.
BRING YOUR RBC PACKET! You will need it for the test.
“Vocabulary Review, 11/1.” (p)
- Most religions promise eternal _____ in something like Heaven. (1)
- A person who doesn’t like to ____ to the group is often looked at as an outsider. (1)
- Ponyboy was very ____ after Johnny cut his hair. (5)
- flashback : reveals :: _____ : foreshadows (5)
- The Socs are the ____ social class in 1967 Tulsa. (2)
- Even though I was nervous, I tried to act cool and ______. (1)
- “You’re hungry?” he said _____(ly), “I’m the one who hasn’t eaten all day!” (3)
- Every time Mr. Coward played the beat, he _____(ed) a response from the class, who thought someone was coming through the door. (4)
- Even after I read the poem three times, the meaning still ______(ed) me. (2)
- For Esteban, the word dropout had the ______ of a delinquent breaking out windows. (1)
- I did not want to be ___(ed); I felt I was savvy enough to make my own decisions. (4)
- Pony was _____ when he thought of what life was like when his parents were alive. (3)
- The root cred, as in incredulous and incredible, means to ____.
Vocabulary Relay! I picked 11 words!
“RBC, p375.” Write the answer, not the letter. (7p +7p for stamp = 14p possible.)
- What did you answer for #1? a) Grand b) Delaware c) Lincoln d) Lawrence e) NOTA / I didn’t answer this question.
- What did you answer for #2? a) weekday b) weekend c) holiday d) I didn’t answer this question.
- What is the fourth stop on the route?
- What did you answer for #4? a) 9:20 b) 9:52 c) 9:22 d) 8:57 e) NOTA / I didn’t answer this question.
- What did you circle for question #5? a) A b) B c) C d) D e) I didn’t circle anything.
- About how many hours of the day does this schedule show? a) 5 b) 7 1/2 c) 12 d) 17 e) You can’t tell.
- If you wanted to travel from Memorial Hospital to Lawrence Station on this line, and you catch the 8:14 bus, what time will you arrive at Lawrence Station? a) 8:14 b) 8:25 c) 7:55 d) 8:28 e) You can’t tell.
The Midwife’s Apprentice
- Do an SWBS sentence for chapter 11 — The Leaving:
_____ wanted… but… so…