- _____ going to the store for llama cheese. (they)
- _____ going with them? (who)
- All the ____ haircuts looked dorky. (llama)
- We have three _____ in the class. (Elvis)
- _____ not going to believe this! (you)
- All the _____ costumes were hilarious. (lady)
“Vocab, 10/10.” Write the word. You will use words more than once.
- (2) In the fable “The Tortoise and the Hare,” the tortoise is ______ and the hare is ______.
- “Nothing in the mail but junk mail and a death certificate.” _______
- “Election years are the best time to land–they never notice us in all the _____.”
- After he forgot his wife’s birthday, he had to _____ for several days before she forgave him.
- He practiced the skate trick ______(ly) until he got it right.
- My mom didn’t find my reasons for “needing” an X-Box8 very _____, so I was denied.
- He was so hungry that he ate the food, ____ of the mold around the edges.
- The warnings about the storm were ____. It was clear you needed to take cover.
- compelling : boring :: cordial : ____
- *He made a ______ and generous ______(ion) to the Save the Whales campaign. (There is only one answer for the first blank, not two.)
Chapter One Question: Why do the boys bully and taunt Brat/Beetle?
Chapter 2: The Cat
Chapter 3: The Midwife
Check the last of the Story Starters. Be ready to tell your story tomorrow. What’s the most exciting way to tell it?
The Test is still Friday: Vocab + SAWs, Apostrophes, Husker Du, TMA