Extended Homies Schedule.
Back-to-School Night Tonight. You stay home!
Tomorrow’s Test: Vocabulary, Motto, Delinquent, Outsiders.
- Even though he may not be “book-smart” he has a lot of ____ about the world.
- Some people called him weird, but he preferred to be called a (non-)______(ist).
- The old man was considered the ____ of the village because of all his experience and wisdom.
- From what Ponyboy says, we can ____ that he and his oldest brother Darry do not get along very well.
- “It’s just because you’re the baby–I mean he loves you a lot. Do you ____?” (Not fathom.)
- Her outlook on life was very _____ after the accident that killed her brother.
Adjectives answer the question “What Kind?” about nouns!
What kind of bear was he????
“Adjectives, 8/23.” (6) COPY each underlined word and say adjective or not.
- She has such a soft voice!
- I can hardly hear her.
- A French chef in New York chisels ice sculptures.
- Machine parts are used to form mechanical structures.
- She is a pretty savvy poker player.
- She has a lot of basketball savvy.
Preview Questions from Tomorrow’s Test:
- What is it about our narrator that drives his brother Darry crazy?
- As used in The Outsiders, the word hood is short for _____.
1st, 2nd and 3rd person narrators.
What is required to make a story?