Copy homework into planner. 120 Seconds starts TOMORROW!!!!
diversity (noun) variety; range
enhance (verb) to improve
migration (noun) movement from one place to another
presume (verb) to suppose; to guess; to assume
reveal (verb) to uncover; to show; to expose
- This word comes from roots that mean “to take before.”
- This word’s root means “to turn in opposite directions.”
- This word’s root means “to uncover.”
- “movement from one place to another to live or work”
- This word’s roots meant “to make higher.”
- In this country, the legal system is supposed to _____ that you are innocent until they can prove you are guilty.
- Usually _______ follows the job market. People go where there are jobs.
Debrief Test #15. Listen and study, and you will do well!
Prep 120 Seconds Intro. You need about 200 words. Practice reading it to your homies or to me.
- Start with a little hook:
- Imagine yourself…
- Throughout history mankind has…
- It was a dark and stormy night…
- What do you call a… (joke)
- Once upon a time…
- Have you ever wondered…
- What if…
- Jimmy was a boy who…
- Scary, gripping, and difficult to put down… Scary, like when… Gripping: Describe more. Difficult to put down: I read 2 hours straight until I had to pee…
- Give us the required info:
- Genre (Not just fiction/non; we want something like romance, sci fi, horror, mystery, fantasy, comedy, historical fiction, etc.)
- Time for the 5 W’s for the BOOK:
- This is the story of…
- This book is about…
- Set in the future…
- Not too much detail; you have less than a minute.
- Now to set up the PASSAGE:
- This is the part of the book where…
- This is the scene when…
- _____ is about to _____
Volunteers for tomorrow?