- What “virtual” school day of the week is it?
- Yes or No? Do you know your 6-digit student ID? It was your lunch number when we had lunch. (Hint: It’s on your schedule.)
- What does NDP mean in the slang paragraph instructions?
- Yes or No? Have you shared you slang paragraph with me yet?
The books will be on a cart outside the front office.
- Even though he may not be “book-smart” he has a lot of ____ about the world.
- Some people called him weird, but he preferred to be called a (non-)______(ist).
- (2 words: 1 for each blank) The old man was considered the ____ of the village because of all his experience and ______.
- From what she says, we can ____ that she and her older brother do not get along very well.
- rebel : conform :: tense : _______
- Her outlook on life was very _____ after the accident that killed her brother.
Adjectives answer the question “What Kind?” about nouns!
What kind of bear was he????
“Adjectives, 9/1-9/2.” (6) COPY each underlined word and write adjective or not adjective.
- She has such a soft voice!
- I can hardly hear her.
- A French chef in New York chisels ice sculptures.
- Machine parts are used to form mechanical structures.
- She is a pretty savvy poker player.
- She has a lot of basketball savvy.
“Practice Test Demo 1, 9/1-9/2.”
Write the answers in your notebook as well as typing them in the test to make sure there’s a record in case of a mistake.
Practice Test Links: Your 6-digit student ID is your password. Click the link for your class, use the drop-down menu to find your name, log in with your 6-digit student number, and GO!
First Period: Test Demo 1
Second Period: Test Demo 1
Third Period: Test Demo 1
Fifth Period: Test Demo 1
Sixth Period: Test Demo 1
All Quizzes, Tests, and Results can be found with your class’s Quiz Link over on the right sidebar. If you miss a test or a quiz, just go to your period’s Quiz Link, use the drop-down menu to choose, and take it! There’s even an App you can download: Search for ThatQuiz in your app store.
The Outsiders by S E Hinton
- What are the connotations of the word “outsider”?
- What does it mean to say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”?
- What was the example of judging a book by its cover in the Adjectives video???
Begin reading. Click below and FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME!