You should already have one KBARR completed, chart and response.
Warm Up During Roll. Answer in chat, BUT DO NOT PRESS ENTER UNTIL I SAY SO.
What “day” is it in this class?
Go over homework. I will be talking about the next Show not Tell on Thursday and Friday, when I go over the “Messy Room” essays. I wouldn’t start the new one until I talk about it.
This afternoon: Send me a pic of your KBARR Chart from last week! (9/14-9/18). Come here live if you have any zeros in Aeries.
“Sentence Combining, 9/22 (9/23).” — Combine each group of short, choppy sentences into one smooth-sounding sentence. You may add, subtract, or change words, but make sure to keep the meaning of all the parts. You will have to punctuate as appropriate. (Bonus: Write more than one combination!)
1. Chuckie bounces wildly in his desk. He is the class clown. He clucks like a chicken.
2. His fingers make sounds. The sounds are scratching. They claw the desktop. The desktop is battered.
3. Then a voice freezes his behavior. The voice is stern. The behavior is disturbing. (Hint: stern and disturbing are just adjectives.)
Go over Test #2. The Outsiders section was a problem! USE THE BOOK!
Fragments and Run-ons. (FRO’s)
What’s wrong with the following “sentences”?
- The llama in the field.
- Every day after school.
- Whenever the llama sings.
- The llama that is so smart.
What about these?
- I love that llama he’s so sweet.
- I saw a llama yesterday it was purple.
- The llama helps me with my homework he does a great job.
- It’s too far to walk, let’s ride a llama.
How do we fix them? How do we avoid them?
“FRO Practice I, 9/22 (9/23).” (8p) Write CS, F, or RO for each word group.
- Laughing at the comedian’s act.
- Chief Wiggum, the doughnut-eater and chief cop.
- Up the mountain we hiked.
- The wagon was loaded with food it was pulled by two teams of horses.
- There are shells all over the beach let’s collect some!
- On his back, the bug wriggled his little legs.
- Into the hole fell he.
- I love that story; I have read it three times.
The Outsiders aloud into ch 2.