- Abby is a _____ form of Abigail.
- George Washington and Abraham Lincoln are _____ figures in American history.
- She faced a _____ about turning in her friend for cheating.
- The villagers sacrificed a >_____< to try to _____ their angry god. (>___< = Previous vocab word = bonus.)
- The amount of work required in an Honors class can be quite _____.
- The dream was so ____ that I fell out of bed trying to fly.
- inspiring : daunting :: stable : ______
- skinflint : benevolent :: ______ : easy
- Give an example of a saw that is different from the one you used for your SMYK.
by Emily Dickinson
Much Madness is divinest Sense–
|Madness = insanity
divinest = most perfect, the best
discerning = looking very carefully/showing good judgement
starkest = most obvious
All = everything
prevail = decides/wins
assent = say yes
demur = say no
Each group “translates” one set of lines using the vocab key.
How does this relate to the quote from yesterday?
“It’s like it ain’t so much what a fellow does, but it’s the way the majority of folks is looking at him when he does it.”
“MONSTERS! Review Quiz, 11/20.” SOLO!!!! CLOSED BOOK! (5)
- What do the people of Maple Street think the UFO is at first?
- Who gets them thinking it might be something else?
- So far in the play, who is the scapegoat for all of the fears of the people of Maple Street?
- What was our inciting incident. (Be careful!!!)
Connect the Poem to the Play!
Pssst… Act! “The Monsters are Due on Maple Street.