Friday, 8/29/14 – Finally Friday!
Homies: Fire Drill! Slightly shorter schedule.
Find your clicker number and take it to your desk. We’ll practice with them in a few minutes.
Prepare sheet for Test #1.
Look in your notebook for your warm ups this week. Record your scores at the top of the sheet.
Mental Floss: Brain teasers and trick questions to scrape the mucous off your brain before the test.
Purely extra credit. NO penalty for wrong answers, so you may as well guess. Write the answers at the top of your test sheet. If it looks like a trick, it probably is.
- You have two coins that total 15 cents, but one of them is not a nickel. How is that possible?
- What is the volume of dirt in a hole 6 feet long, 8 feet deep, and 4 feet wide?
- A farmer had seventeen sheep; all but nine died. How many are left?
- What heavy six letter word can you take one letter away from and have eight left?
- You are in a mountain cabin, and it is freezing and dark. The cabin has an old gas lantern, a wood burning stove, and an oil burning heater. You have only one match. Which do you light first?
- A fish weighs 10 pounds plus half its weight. How much does it weigh?(Not a trick; just math.)
Clicker Practice. When the top and bottom of your space on the grid are both blue, you’re finished!
- The moon is made of green cheese. a) True b) False
- You have _____ periods in your regular school day. a) 2 b) 4 c) 5 d) 6 e) NOTA
- ______ is the principal of the school. a) Mayor McCheese b) The Hamburglar c) My Little Pony d) Mr. Schalde e) NOTA
Test #1: Circle AND Click. Click AND Circle. Circle them all, then Click. However you want to do it; just make sure you do BOTH!
Finished early? Your choices:
1) Doodle – Theme: The messiest room you can imagine. The theme is optional; you may doodle about whatever you want. If I like it you get get extra credit.
2) Trackword – Read the directions!
3) Read something.
4) Nap. Just don’t snore.
5) Stare blankly (and silently) into space.