Copy homework into planner.
6. The Chief Elder said that Jonas had the “______ to see beyond.”
7. After Mardis Gras, you are supposed to ______ from something you like until Easter.
8. This word has to do with scruples. _______
9. Every Monday, you copy the homework into your planner, and Mr. Coward ______(s) the vocab sheet.
10. “There’s a _____ to his madness” means that even though it might look crazy, there is a plan to it all.
“Husker Du, 4/3.” Everybody has Test #8.
- She’s sure ________ going to be all right. (it)
- My friend _________ goal is to become an astronaut. (Maria)
- _________ bright idea was this? (who)
- It was every single _________ nightmare. (student)
- All the _________ clothing is on the second floor. (more than one woman)
Euphemism (n – U FEM ISM):
A “nice” way of saying something unpleasant.
Examples: passed on = died, sanitation engineer = garbage man, waitress in the sky = flight attendant
- visually disabled =
- solid waste =
- landfill =
- economically disadvantaged =
- undocumented transborder migrant =
- vertically challenged =
- involuntary servitude (the institution, not the person) =
Try making up your own euphemisms for…
- a test
- talking too much
- getting an F
“The Flying Machine” by Ray Bradbury.
How might this story connect to The Giver and “Old Glory”?