Due: Vocab Definitions.
“Husker Du, 5/9.” First Period, Test #5.
- Johnny stabbing Bob would be the _______ of the story. a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e) NOTA
- The part where he tastes the Green Eggs and Ham. ______ a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e) NOTA
- nonchalant : hysterical :: gossipy : _____ a) patronize b) discrete c) discreet d) dumbfounded e) reluctant f) NOTA
- He explained the rules of the game and demonstrated it. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- The real message of “Nothing Gold Can Stay” is that bad things always happen. a) True b) False c) NOTA
“Husker Du, 5/9.” Second Period, Test #2.
- Dally spat on the ground ______(ly) when he thought of what the Socs did to Johnny. a) contemptuous b) incredulous c) credible d) ironic e) aloof
- The root cred means… a) truth b) crazy c) pay d) believe e) wild
- Which word doesn’t belong? a) evaluate b) predict c) question d) summarize e) react
- Pony says that the greasers sometimes deserve the treatment they get from other people. a) True b) False
- In chapter 1, Pony compares himself to Pip, in Great Expectations, because… a) Pip was an orphan like him. b) Pip had two older brothers. c) People judged Pip as low-class d) All of the above. e) NOTA
“Husker Du, 5/9.” Third Period, Test #15.
- subside : ebb :: engross : _____ a) optimistic b) idiosyncrasy c) insomnia d) transfix e) NOTA
- Since I hadn’t studied, I was ______ about my chances on the difficult test. a) optimistic b) inexplicable c) metamorphosis d) insomnia e) NOTA
- (MoMS) “You’re sick people–all of you. And you don’t even know what you’re starting…” a) exposition b) inciting action c) resolution d) rising action e) climax
- “Why, it’s like going back to the dark ages or something.” a) climax b) flashback c) protagonist d) irony e) metaphor
- “Get Steve–Get Charlie–They’re working together!!” a) exposition b) inciting action c) resolution d) rising action e) climax
“Husker Du, 5/9.” Sixth Period, Test #8.
- All the _____ clothing is on the second floor. (more than one woman)
- All the _____ uniforms were new. (player)
- I found your story ______(ing), but ultimately unbelievable.
- “Why don’t you get a job?” asked Steve. “What?” Two-Bit was _____ “And ruin my rep?”
- When Johnny smiles before he dies, it’s because… a) he’s dying a hero. b) the greasers won the rumble. c) he wanted to die anyway. d) Dally was proud of him. e) he remembered a joke Pony made in the church. f) NOTA
- We were very suspicious of the dark alley, so we were ______ when we approached it.
- A person who is _________ is probably not going to be a good friend, since he/she probably won’t be very reliable.
- The searchers _____(ed) the cave, looking for the lost hikers. (Bonus: What are cave explorers called?)
- The groovy little cabin was ______ and funky, but it wasn’t very comfortable.
- The teacher ______(ed) the use of notes on the test, so you better have studied.
- The root of this word means to touch. _____
- One reason that few people vote is because many are ______ about politics and government.
- Tom ______(ed) his system, looking for an ailment that might get him out of school.
- He ate a _____ number of hot dogs in the contest, so he won. (70 in 10 minutes. Including buns.)