Copy homework into planner.
6. Many immigrants have found it difficult to _____ into American culture.
7. California _____(s) almonds all over the world.
8. The President’s job concerns both foreign and _____ issues.
9. The lighting of candles and wearing of ribbons are _____ gestures.
10. LED lights are much more ____ than old school light bulbs.
Go over Test #12. D’oh! Many Husker Du this week!
How do you know one person is different from another person? Is it based on things you can see, things you cannot see, or both?
What makes people treat others differently? Is there a rule we can apply to determine when it is okay to treat others differently and when it is not? Intelligence? Looks? Talents?
- What word best describes the attitude of the Star-Belly Sneetches toward the Plain- Belly Sneetches at the beginning of the story?
- What food did the Star Belly Sneetches have at their beach parties?
- What was Mr. McBean’s middle name?
- Before McBean arrives, how is Sneetch society set up?
- “if they should meet one, while they were out walking they’d saunter right by without even ______.”
- “They had stars upon thars!” What does the word “thars” mean?
- Why does Dr. Seuss use the word “eaches” in this poem?
- Why are the Sneetches such a good target for McBean?
- What lesson do the Sneetches finally learn?
- Based on the qualities we chose for deciding what makes something different, are the Star- Bellied Sneetches and the Plain-Bellied Sneetches the same or different?
- After the Plain-Bellied Sneetches go through the machine the first time and come out with stars, the Star-Bellied Sneetches say, “We’re still he best Sneetches and they are the worst.” What makes the Star-Bellied Sneetches think that there is still something different about the Plain-Bellied Sneetches since they now have stars on their bellies?
- If there was something that made the Sneetches different, other than their appearance, would it be okay for them to treat each other differently? Are there any qualities that would make that okay?
- Is there a rule we can apply to determine when it is okay to treat others differently and when it is not? How does this rule apply to the Sneetches? Based on the rule you develop, is it okay for the Star-Bellied Sneetches to treat the Plain-Bellied Sneetches differently?