No Homework this week! What? Yes, it’s true. You have research, and I have catching up to do.
intervention (noun) action intended to solve a problem
phenomenon (noun) something that happens that can be observed
priority (noun) item of high importance
suspend (verb) to stop temporarily
transmit (verb) to pass on from one place or person to another
- This word literally means “between come thing.”
- This word’s root means “before.”
- This word literally means “under hang.”
- This word’s root means “to show.”
- This word literally means “across to send.”
Debrief Test #18. Except to falling for my tricks, you did well!
Research is due Thursday at the end of the period!
Today you should be writing your introductory anecdote!
Giving credit to your sources:
… according to _____ of _____, the average…
The Asthma Fact Sheet from the American Medical Association lists the three main symptoms…
The World Health Organization says…
…in the article, “All About Diabetes,” Jimmy Sugar explains that…
Final Requirements for Research Paper.
- Approximately 1000-1200 words.
- 3+ sources w/ properly formatted Works Cited.
- 3+ graphs, charts, maps, etc. These should help explain, not just decorate.
- In-text citations.
- Introductory anecdote.
- Evident organization. (By question, by sub-topic, etc.)
- Proper mechanics.