Copy homework into planner. Regular KBARR is back! Giver Projects are due Friday!
accumulation (n): buildup
contradict (v): to argue against, deny
exhibit (n or v): to show or display
inevitable (adj): unavoidable
manipulate (v): to influence or control with skill and often dishonesty
- They say nothing is _____ except death and taxes.
- There is now a(n) ________ of 500 inches of snow in the Sierras.
- The roots of this word mean “against to say.”
- The roots of this word mean “out to hold.”
- The prefix of this word means “hand.”
Wheel of Doom
“Husker Du, Period One, Test #15.” a) prestige b) deprive c) dishevelled d) suave e) affectation f) non sequitur g) acute h) prevalent i) ideology j) zealous
- 5. The root of this word was Latin for trickery or illusion. _______
- 6. The root of this word was Latin for form or pattern. _____
- 7. The roots of this word were Latin for completely away from public life. _____
- 8. The Nuremberg laws ______(ed) the Jews of the right to vote and be citizens.
- 9. His accent was a(n) _________; he wasn’t really from France.
“Husker Du, Period Two, Test #7.
- 16. _____ llama is that? a) whose b) who’se c) who’s d) NOTA
- 17. I think that llama is _____. a) they’re b) theres c) their’s d) theirs e) NOTA
- 18. The ____ softball team mascot is a llama. (More than one.) a) women’s b) woman’s c) womens’s d) NOTA
- 19. I think ____ going to be OK. a) there b) their c) they’re d) NOTA
- 20. Is the title of this section of the test spelled correctly? a) Yes b) No
“Husker Du, Period Five, Test #14.” a) vivid b) saw c) aspire d) pacify e) daunting f) diminutive g) pragmatic h) volatile i) dilemma j) iconic
- You may _______ to someday be as cool as Mr. Coward. (Good luck with that.)
- Doing your homework every day before playing video games is a _______ strategy for success.
- It was hard to believe that such a huge voice emanated from such a _______ girl.
- Sixth Period tried to ____ Mr. Coward’s anger with cookies.
- inspiring : daunting :: stable : ______
“Husker Du, Period Six, Test #18” a) fastidious b) insinuate c) improvise d) shrewd e) allegory f) absolution g) consign h) agitate i) sanction
- 5. Jean is very _____ about her silverware; she won’t eat at that restaurant because she thinks the forks aren’t clean enough.
- 6. I didn’t like his ____(ion) that I wasn’t good enough to make the team.
- 7. Some people see boxing as legally ______(ed) violence.
- 8. The annoying kids taunted the dog over the fence until he was _____(ed) enough to jump it.
- 9. Which one is the allegory? (Be careful!) a) Mickey Mouse acting like a human. b) “Motto” c) You can’t teach an old dog new tricks. d) Mind your own business. e) C and D. f) NOTA
Go over Test #25. Yay! (For the most part.)