Checking Giver responses
“Vocab, 2/25.” Each one once!
9. The previous vocab word impede is similar in meaning to one of this week’s words:_______
10. The ghost ______(ed) itself at the top of the stairs and then disappeared.
11. Vladek always ____(ed) for the day when he and Anja would be reunited.
600 Words. 2/18-2/25.
Writing Ideas. For more ideas, change the ww1 in the URL to ww2-ww9!
Prediction: Why might the Bergerons’ son Harrison have been arrested?
HB Quiz, 2/25.”
- When Harrison and the ballerina are shot. a) exposition b) rising action c) inciting incident d) climax e) falling action f) resolution
- When Harrison escapes from jail. a) exposition b) rising action c) inciting incident d) climax e) falling action f) resolution
- What does vigilance mean? (1st paragraph)
- Which side is the author on? a) Harrison’s b) the government c) neither
- Why was Harrison arrested in the first place?
- (quote) What is George’s advice for Hazel about being sad?
- Which of the following would be the best theme statement for “Harrison Bergeron?” a) Being equal is ideal, but a difficult state to attain. b) It is not in human nature to be like everyone else. c) Nobody should try to become equal to anyone else. d) People should not try to be equal because it makes life difficult. e) The only fair society is an equal society. f) Life is unfair; get used to it.
“The Giver, chapter 1.” (5) NOT Collaborative.
- What mistake in language did Asher make? (Use the words.)
- (quote) How does Jonas feel about his upcoming ceremony of 12?
- (2) What are two times being released is not a punishment?
- Why does everyone know that Lily’s comment about keeping Gabriel has to be a joke?