Checking Giver Complex Sentences.
“Commas, 2/26.” If no commas are needed, write “OK.”
- I didn’t want to wake you up until I had to.
- I asked my BFF the llama what she wanted for lunch.
- The wild llama is in fact a vicious predator.
- She wanted to tame the wild llama but it was too much for her.
- Until I ate that doughnut I didn’t know happiness.
- Since we have two hours to kill someone come by and see us.
- Eddie Baby please ask your dog Odif the Terrible to leave the cat alone.
- There was a very ancient ancestor to the llama which had giant razor-sharp claws.
- The elephant reached out with its ____trunk.
- His <in______> assistant ______(ed) more than he helped since he kept messing things up. (< > = Previous vocab word for +1)
- One of these days your knees will ____ under the weight of your giant backpacks.
- The Latin root of this word means “obvious.” ______
- The neighbors’ constantly-barking dogs caused us great ________.
- Lack of sleep _____(s) itself in many ways, such as an actual drop in intelligence.
- The test supervisor was not very ____, and many students cheated on the test.
- (2) Sometimes when a guest teacher is a little _____ in the discipline department, some classes will _____ to being kindergartners again…
- (2) …Those classes face great ____ upon Mr. Coward’s return, and they had better _____ in fear of the consequences.
- At the beginning of The Midwife’s Apprentice, Beetle didn’t think she deserved to even ______ for a better life.
- * In “Harrison Bergeron,” Harrison was able to ______ the laws of gravity, as well as the handicap laws.
- BONUS: Why did I italicize TMA (#10) and put HB in quotes (#11)?
WRITE. (Counts for 600, so date it and count it and put it in your folder)
How are “Number 12 Looks Just Like You,” “The Sneetches,” and “Harrison Bergeron” connected? Use an example from each.
“The Giver, chapter 1-2.” (10) NOT Collaborative.
- What mistake in language did Asher make? (Use the words.)
- (quote) How does Jonas feel about his upcoming ceremony of 12?
- (2) What are two times being released is not a punishment?
- Why does everyone know that Lily’s comment about keeping Gabriel has to be a joke?
- What rule did Jonas’s father break?
- What rule gets broken all the time?
- What happens at the ceremony of 12?
- How is that decision made?
- We are in the ______ of the story. a) exposition b) rising action c) inciting incident d) falling action e) NOTA
Start reading chapter 3. Yes you need sentences for each chapter, not only each night.