Tomorrow’s Test: Commas, Vocab, Giver.
“Commas, 2/27!” Write OK if no commas are needed.
- If you don’t already know today we’re going to learn to cut and paste kids!
- Lloyd the Llama author of a best-selling book and renowned rocket scientist was awarded the prestigious Nobel Prize for Poetry.
- The llama that she rode to the wedding looked very pretty.
- The llama jerky was soft but satisfying.
- Because the llama missed the bus he was late for his very important appointment.
- Please no smoking food or beverages in the classroom!
- Most of the time travelers worry about their luggage getting lost.
- I played video games for hours with my friend the llama.
- Sid waited for the llama to arrive so he could get a ride in his hot new Camaro.
“Vocab, 2/27. Used properly or not? Write Yes if the word is used properly in the sentence. Write No if it is not.
- Mr. Coward was so consternation when 2nd Period was disrespectful to the sub.
- She yearned for a better life.
- The buckle bridge was very old and ready to fall.
- His lack of studying really hindered his progress.
- Sixth Period was very cower when Mr. Coward went off on them.
- The police were vigilant, watching the house 24/7.
- First Period acted so regress yesterday; they were just like kindergartners.
- He made a feeble attempt at studying, decided he was too feeble-minded, and gave up.
- The ghost manifested itself at the end of the hall and scared the bejabbers out of me.
- The elephant’s trunk sinuoused out of the enclosure and took the peanut.
- He didn’t understand the peril of his situation and thought he was safe.
- He cowered at the sight of the gun.
- Lack of sleep for an extended period can result in a regression of your IQ.
- The manifest teacher turned out to be an alien!
- He was so weak, he feebled when he tried to pick up the barbell.
“Giver 3-4.” Clicker Stylie!
- Why does Jonas want his father to chastise Lily in ch3? a) She “borrowed” his bike to go for a ride. b) She mentioned his eyes. c) She interrupted him while he was sharing his feelings. d) She threw water on him. e) NOTA
- It is against the rules to call attention to things that are different about individuals. a) True b) False
- What quality does Jonas think Gabriel’s eyes have that other people’s eyes don’t? a) color b) depth c) reflection d) love e) NOTA
- Why does Mom discourage Lily from wanting to be a Birthmother? a) After three years, you do hard physical labor until you enter the House of the Old. b) It is considered unclean to give birth to babies. c) You do not continue your schooling after you receive that assignment. d) You are considered insensitive because you give up your babies. e) NOTA
- One of the jobs of a Speaker is to publicly chastise those who break minor rules. a) True b) False
- Asher also noticed something had changed about the apple they were tossing. a) True b) False
- The only time it’s OK to brag is when you have accomplished something big for the community. a) True b) False
- Why does Jonas have no idea what his assignment might be? a) Because it’s such a secret in the Community. b) Because he hasn’t focused his volunteer efforts in any one area. c) Because he hasn’t enjoyed any of his volunteer assignments. d) Because he’s not very smart. e) NOTA
- Roberto’s release was a sad occasion for all at the House of the Old because he was so well-loved. a) True b) False
- All of these were a part of Roberto’s release ceremony except…a) a review of his life and accomplishments. b) chanting the patriotic anthem. c) speeches from friends and admirers. d) a period of mourning. e) These were all a part of the ceremony.
- Where does Larissa say the Old go when they are released? a) To “Heaven.” b) The House of the Very Old. c) Nobody knows except the committee of Elders. d) To another Community. e) NOTA
- The Giver is written in… a) first-person b) second-person c) third-person d) NOTA